Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Little Background

So here is our story even though everyone who reads this will already know most of it. :) Aaron and I met in high school at Armijo. Aaron may tell you that he liked me from the day he met me... I needed to be won over a little. Either way, we were high school sweethearts and havent been apart a day since. Here we are at Armijo Grad Night in 2003

After high school, Aaron went off to Washington State University to be a football star/animal science major and I went to UC Davis to do gymnastics/history major. Being apart for 3 years was difficult but overall I believe it made our relationship stronger.


After high school I took a huge step and moved out of California for the first time!! Moving to Pullman, Washington was a big change for me. I now live in a small little town where it snows in the winter! I love it here though and at this point, Aaron and I wouldn't live anywhere else.

When I moved here I was lucky enough to get a great job where I continue to work today. I was also lucky enough to get to be here for Aaron's last 2 football seasons! Unfortunately, like myself Aaron hurt his back and had back surgery which ended his dreams of playing for the NFL. We now have matching scars. Here is the picture from his senior game.


Thanks to everyone who supported him throughout his career!



In December of 2006, I got the most wonderful Christmas present. Aaron asked me to marry him!! It was so romantic and I know I am the luckiest girl in the world. In March of 2008, my best friend/maid of honor Amanda and my mom threw me a wonderful wedding shower!

I had the most wonderful bridesmaids a girl could ask for. I love you all and I know we will be friends forever!



After my lovely shower, my wonderful brother and sister-in-law planned our bachelor/bachelorette parties!! It was a party Aaron and I will never forget! Good times!





Aaron and I got married on May 10, 2008! The day was perfect for us, we could not have asked for anything more. We appreciate everyone who came and helped in our big day especially my parents for paying for it, Aaron's dad for our wonderful rehearsal and all my bridesmaids for helping me with EVERYTHING including keeping me calm and organized.








After the wedding we went on our honeymoon to Hawaii. We just relaxed on the beach and enjoyed the fact that we were MARRIED!!


After the honeymoon, we got the best surprise of our lives! We found out we were expecting our first baby! Aaron and I are so excited and feel so blessed in our lives together. More on the pregnancy to come!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

JOANNE!! Hey this is Rachel, Amanda's sister. I am so excited to your blog and hear your story! You two are so cute together, I can not wait to see that baby of yours :) Congratulations!!! Your wedding looks beautiful, you are so beautiful!

visit my blog at lovetheamidons.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Aww, high school sweethearts! And I got to see it all! Being your maid of honor was the best thing ever, you were the least bride-zilla bride I've ever seen! Can't wait to throw your next shower in a few weeks! Love you!