Monday, March 9, 2009

The First Few Days

We spent the night after Cassidy was born at the hospital trying to sleep a little before we took her home. My back felt so much better after giving birth and we were just so happy that we decided to go home the 16th in the evening. Here are a few pictures at the hospital.


So here is our official first family photo right before we left the hospital. :) We were ready to experience parenthood firsthand, ready to start this adventure together through all the ups and downs. We were just happy our dream of bringing home a happy, healthy and beautiful baby had come true!

Our first week home was wonderful and exhausting! ;) Cassidy had a little jaundice so we spent quite awhile at the doctor, I am so thankful and happy to say she is all better now. The first week was all very eventful. Cassidy's umbilical cord stump fell off revealing her adorable belly button, she heard and LOVED the song I made up for her, she got read her first book (the same book I read as a baby), she had her first bath, she watched her first episode of American Idol and she realized just how much her mom and dad love her! :) I cant wait for all the events coming up!!
This is after her first bath!


Going to the doctor.



Just hanging out, listening to mom sing. lol Cassidy is the ONLY person who likes my voice! :)
Above, is Cassidy's one week old "birthday" picture!!! February 22, 2009!!! Happy birthday Cass, mommy and daddy love you more than life! We cant wait to see you grow and thrive!




The two pictures above are just Cassidy hanging out in her crib with her Winnie the Pooh and Tigger! :) These were taken on her two week old birthday, March 1, 2009. (I promise I wont document her every week birthday) LOL However, I think the first few weeks are very exciting and deserve mention and photos. :)





The last couple pictures are pretty recent.Cassidy is now 3 weeks old and is getting on a schedule. :) Aaron's dad just came to visit and this weekend my dad and brother will be visiting. Cassidy is so loved!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

oh having a new born is one of the hardest things ever!! i can't lie, i dread it, it is so stressful! but you are doing so well and have such a good attitude! She is so precious and beautiful!