I had my big ultrasound last week. Aaron and I both kind of had a feeling it was a girl but we werent sure. When we saw the legs and butt shot we both knew it was a girl. We knew what to look for this time and it looked the same as Cassidy. We were both in shock a little bit but so happy. I know we both would like a boy at some point if we have a third baby but for now are so happy Cassidy will get to have a sister. I think my first thought was on my goodness, two girls! We are in trouble! Aaron is such a guy's guy and I have zero experience with sisters! I never even wanted one! lol So of course it is ironic yet awesome that we are destined to have two girls.
Luckily both my sister-in-laws have sisters and my best friend Amanda has tons of sisters so I will be able to get advice on all things related to the sister relationship.
Belly at 13 weeks
The other great news is everything looked awesome. She is the perfect size for how many weeks I am. It is so funny because her profile looks so much like Cassidy except her nose seems a little more rounded. She was dancing up a storm during the ultrasound which I could watch all day!
Belly at 17 weeks
A few facts:
1. We have no names right now and are open to suggestions. Girl names are hard!2. I have finally gained back the weight I lost during the first trimester and when I had the flu. I am on my way up. So I am at +0 from the original number but that will change very soon!
3. I am able to feel the baby move so much now! I love how the second pregnancy you can feel it so much more sooner. Aaron has even felt her kick now.
4. Foods that make me instantly sick: Ice Cream, Bacon, Any Chinese Food (except hot and sour soup) and Popcorn
5. Cravings: For awhile I craved spicy things. Like putting red pepper flakes on everything I ate. Or getting hot and sour soup. And now I am not even embrassed to admit but I have been craving little mini white powder sugar doughnuts!!! I literally dream about them. I could eat them for every meal. I used to never eat doughnuts so this is hilarious to Aaron. YUMMM
6. I am always tired. I cant sleep in but I am awesome at taking a nap. I can literally fall asleep anywhere! I love naps!
7. Cass suggested the name Dora and Cassidy for the baby. She also pointed to my belly and said "That's my baby sister!" I was so suprised! I dont know who taught her that, maybe her teacher but I thought it was so cute! However, sometimes I ask her if she wants to play with her baby sister when she comes and Cass says "no thank you mama."
Belly at 20 weeks
Cute Cassidy Quotes (2 years, 4 months)
*Cassidy gets to watch a movie for about 20 minutes before bedtime in our bed once she has her pjs on, hair brushed, teeth brushed etc. But pretty much everyday now in the middle of the day she says to me, "Mama, Im tired I watch Shark Tale now." Haha good try!
*When she is playing with Cody or Rusty I hear her say, "Cody be good boy, go night night. I put blankie on you."
*I tell her to put her sandals on and she says "no mama, put my camels on" and then I say they are called sandals and she says "no mama, my camels"
*Everynight I put lotion on my belly and so now Cassidy needs to put lotion on her belly as well and she says "mama I need lotion for baby in my belly too"
*Cassidy loves to have the music loud, her window down and has to call her daddy anytime she has any sort of boo boo. The minute she bumps her arm, head etc she says "mama I call daddy on mama's phone. Need to tell daddy my boo boo."
1 comment:
SO SO SOOooooo cute Jo!!!
Post a Comment