Monday, June 13, 2011

California Flu & Fun

Cassidy and I went to California a few weeks ago to celebrate my nephews 2nd birthday. The trip started off pretty good since Cass was awesome on the plane and everything was on time. However, the trip then went south very fast. I started feeling sick the first night. When I woke up the next day I instantly started throwing up. I got the flu and it was one of the worst flu's I have ever had. Usually when I am sick I can still drink some water and eat a little soup. This time I could not keep a single thing down. IT WAS HORRIBLE!

Luckily my whole family was there to keep Cass entertained and happy while I layed upstairs in my old bedroom sick as a dog. Cass didnt really understand and certainly didnt feel sorry for me since she was too busy having the time of her life with her uncles, aunts, cousins and
grandparents.

The first morning I told myself I was fine, maybe it was pregnancy related and to suck it up. So my brother and I took the kids to Black Bear Diner for breakfast. On the way in they gave the bears a bear hug.



After sitting at breakfast and not being able to eat I knew I was really sick but we had appointments to get the kid's haircuts. Don't they look cute.





That was the end of my activities. After that I retreated to my room and only came out to sit curled in a blanket on the chair downstairs so I could take pictures of the kids. This was my view from the chair.




The next day was Donovan's party. I did my best to suck it up and at least curl into a little ball outside so I could be a part of the party. Cass had the best time!!! It was so awesome celebrating Donovan!






On the last day, I still felt really sick but hadnt seen James at all so we drove to Davis so we could have dinner with everyone. Since we were all together we took some family shots. Keep in mind I have on no makeup and felt horrible. LOL Gotta love pictures when you are sick.




No comments: