Monday, December 1, 2008

The Best Friend A Girl Can Have

So I just got back from California and had a great time. I was able to spend Thanksgiving with my family and then I had my wonderful baby shower. I will create another post later all about the baby shower but just thinking about it made me want to create this post first.
Amanda has been my best friend basically since 9th grade. I have gone through a lot of life changes recently and she has done SO MUCH for me that I thought I should write this post as a way to not only thank her but so that everyone knows how lucky I am to have her as my best friend.

I wish I had all of our thousands of high school pictures to share but back then I only used a regular film camera. Basically concerning high school all I have to say is she pretty much helped me survive it. :)
Anyway so as soon as I got engaged, I asked Amanda to be my maid of honor and she said of course! So as a maid of honor she threw me a wonderful wedding shower.

After the wedding shower, she helped to throw me a bachelorette party. I hesitate to post this next picture because I am either intoxicated or very tired yet happy. I will never tell. :) Anyway, it was sooo much fun!

Amanda then helped me "rehearse" for my wedding. After the rehearsal and dinner she spent the night at my house helping me do all the last minute things I never got around to. She also helped me get ready the next morning!


Oh and I had to post this next picture. Basically it reminds me of high school. Amanda and I always tried to take a picture of ourselves and Aaron yet somehow most of his head always got cut off. LOL Sorry babe, we never mean to do that! The picture is still cute though!

Amanda then helped make my special day even more special. Ever since I saw Friends where Rachel is Monica's maid of honor I knew Amanda would be mine. We used to say all throughout high school that she would be my maid of honor and I am so glad it came true! The picture below makes me smile because it once again reminds me of high school. For some reason we love to pose like this as if maybe we are see something amazing in the sky or perhaps we are pondering something brillant. :)
One of the unfortunate things about being a maid of honor is being forced to give a speech. Amanda did a wonderful job just as I knew she would. :) She mentioned that in high school we thought we would marry Ben Affleck and Matt Damon which is true we did. I think we both got luckier in real life though. :)


So not only did Amanda help me with everything leading up to the wedding, stand next to me at the altar, give a speech but she ALSO managed to catch my bouquet!!! Look at her concentration in the picture below!
Then the photo after- YAY!!! So that means she should be getting married next!! Where is that ring?!?! I cant wait to help her celebrate with everything and return all the favors!

So after that hard work, you would think I would give her a break but nope!!! Just this last weekend, she also helped to throw me a baby shower!!



So anyway, I guess this is all to say thank you Nan. I appreciate everything you have done for me, you are truly the best friend anyone could have. I am so lucky my daughter will have such a wonderful aunt! :) You are so thoughtful and I love you!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

AAAHhhhh! Isn't she just the best?! I'm glad she has a friend like you! You both look so beautiful at your wedding- love it!

Amanda said...

Okay, I have been so busy that I haven't even commented to tell YOU thank YOU for letting me be a part of all of your amazing experiences! You made me tear up a little bit, I'm not gonna lie! Our high school dreams are coming true! Well, mostly yours but hopefully mine are not far behind! (thanks for reminding me! lol) You are so sweet! I cannot wait to see my new cute little niece! I love you and your family so much! I am so lucky to have you as my best friend! I miss you and next time I see you, I will be taking care of your baby girl and giving you a chance to get some sleep! :) I can't wait! Love you!