Friday, August 14, 2009

Date Night & Birthday

So we have finally decided that Cass will survive without us every once in awhile. Trust me this was not an easy decision. I know it is important for Aaron and I to have date nights as well as it is important that Cassidy gets used to being around other people while we are away. So we went to see Harry Potter while my coworker and his wife watched Cassidy. Of course it was hard for me to focus on the movie since all I could imagine was Cass crying her head off for me. After 3 texts in the first 20 min, my coworker told me to stop worrying and watch the movie. When we got back to their house, I thought for sure she would be thrilled to see me. However, she was having so much fun playing with their son that she hardly looked up. lol I know that this is good that she had so much fun but shouldnt she miss us just a little? :) I did have a great date with Aaron though! :) Classic car picture above.

Since then, we have felt better about leaving Cass with Sean, Trina and their son Connor. Last week was my birthday, so they watched Cass for us again and we went out to dinner. First though Cassidy wished me a happy birthday with some hugs and kisses. Perfect presents!
I had not had a single drink since my honeymoon. Keep in mind that was May of 2008. So, I pumped milk and decided for my birthday I would get a drink. I ordered champagne (my fav). Oh course when the waitress brought our appetizer, she knocked my champagne all over me! Like my pants were soaking wet. Aaron thought it was hilarious. Oh well, I had to laugh at the irony of the situation.

I am 24 now and I must say I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful husband, wonderful friends and family, a wonderful house, a wonderful job and my precious Cassidy. That's a lot of wonderful. ;)It was a great birthday!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!! That is so funny the waiter spilled on you, does that EVER happen? Apparently if you are Joanne! lol