
I sure love Katelynn. And she SURE loves me. I love feeling needed and loved. However, I would also like a few minutes to myself each day. My dear Katelynn is such a happy baby. When she is with me she almost NEVER cries. She is so happy, calm, sweet and content. She is an awesome sleeper (unlike Cass) doesnt mind playing by herself, sitting in her bouncer while I work etc. She doesnt always want to be held or anything.
However, about 3 weeks ago I left her with Aaron to go feed my coworkers cat with Cassidy. I had just arrived at his house when my phone rang. It was Aaron and I could hear SCREAMING in the background. I knew she wasnt hungry but I hurried home and the minute she saw me she stoppped crying. I thought it was an isolated event. But the next night we left to go feed the cat again and again my phone rang and I could hear SCREAMING. Like over the top screaming. Poor Aaron was doing EVERYTHING he could think of. I again hurried home and she was perfectly happy when I got back. A few nights later she was totally happy playing with Aaron so I went to take a shower and again the minute I was all wet I could hear over the top screaming. A few days later, Aaron had to work late and I needed to take Cassidy to her last mommy and me swim class so I asked our friends to watch Katelynn for 1 hour. When I got back they told me she cried for 45 minutes of the hour. :( I am hoping this is just a phase and a short one!
I immediately started thinking about what I could be doing wrong. I mean Cassidy was just always social. Loved being held by different people. Katelynn, I can tell is a lot more shy and reserved. BUT she even cries if my coworker holds her while I use the bathroom. I actually hold her less than I held Cassidy because with Katelynn I am dividing my attention. Katelynn has to hang out more in her bumbo, car seat, bouncer, jumper etc because I am drawing, or doing puzzles, or reading books etc. So I dont think it is because I coddle her too much. Katelynn does come to work with me everyday but so did Cassidy until she was 8 and a 1/2 months old.
SO I guess I am just hoping this is a phase and a really short phase because as much as I LOVE being loved I also would like to take a shower without rushing to get out and finding leftover shampoo in my hair an hour later.
Anyone have ANY suggestions????
She is lucky she is so cute and sweet and sleeps so well and NEVER cries when we are together which right now is 100% of the time. Oh the irony...
3 comments:
Hang in there, momma! It is definitely a stage. Some go through it more than others and I think the more you can slowly introduce her into being left alone with others the more she'll start to get used to it. I'm sure she'll come around soon. Before you know it you'll be looking back on these months wishing she still needed you that much. : )
I agree with Tatum - hang in there. Savannah does the SAME thing...maybe not to the extent K does (meaning she will eventually stop crying) but if Jason holds her and I walk out of the room, she's hysterical until a pop my head back in. It's nothing we are doing wrong, just means they are attached and love us. But it's also frustrating at the same time, because in my eyes Jason feels like she doesn't love him...I don't know how Aaron feels but I can imagine it's hard to have your child scream when she doesn't want you. Will she be left alone with Cass more easily? Meaning if you leave her in a room with Cass and you head out and of course Aaron would be there to oversee the playing...maybe you can transition slower that way? Of course that can only work in certain situations:(
Thanks for the advice guys! It is hard but I do love that she loves me. I guess I was just not prepared since Cass was so social from day one. I am trying slow transitions (short time each day)and hope it starts working!
Post a Comment