All of the following pictures are from my phone. For example, I bring Katelynn to work with me. I feel like I do have the best of both worlds. I get to work and grow in my career but also kind of be a stay at home mom. :) Katelynn is my work buddy.
I take my kids to the park every single day it is nice enough to do so. I want them to love to go on walks, like to exercise, love to be outside and of course just play and be kids.
Everytime Cassidy asks to hold Katelynn I try to say yes even though it makes me nervous sometimes. She seems to think she is a little mommy so she can hold her all the ways we do. I want them to be close though and try to make sure Cassidy feels like the helpful big sister.
Katelynn loves to be in the bjorn just like Cassidy did. Along the lines of trying to soak up every minute..when Katelynn is sleeping she is usually being held, even at night she prefers to sleep with mommy. I know that a lot of people sleep train early but I also know that I want to hold my baby as much as possible while she is still a baby and wants to be held. Sometimes I try to start kissing Cassidy and she says "only one kiss mommy." :( Sad right?!
Cass spends a lot of time with the dogs. It is so cute. Her job is to feed them each night and she takes her job seriously. She also loves to read to them, cover them up with blankets, help pick up after them and put them outside. I hope to teach her responsibility. Here she is reading to Cody. :)
We watched my coworkers cat for a few weeks while he went out of town. Cass loved it! She was so responsible, she got the mail, gave the cat water, filled up the food bowl and of course gave lots of love. I want her to want to help people without expecting anything in return.
Cass has graduated from parent participation swim classes! She is now about to start swim lessons by herself! We are so proud of her and we love how excited she is to be independent.
I love my job and I am hopeful my girls will see me as an example of a strong business woman. I really looked up to my mom and was proud that she had an important job where she was respected and really made a difference. I hope my girls look up to me that way as well. However, I also know that it is just my job and my main priority is being a good mom. SO a lot of times during the day I just stop working and get on the floor to play. Katelynn and I take pictures, sing songs, read books, work on sitting up & rolling over and sometimes just lay together. I leave work early if it means I can pick Cass up while it is still nice outside and head to the park. Here are a few shots of Katelynn and I taking a break from working!






1 comment:
Cass looks like a mini you in the picture with the cat:-) You are an amazing mom - I can't imagine working with a little one and being able to get anything done. I was just thinking about how I need to be more patient with Savannah, it's hard, but you are right, they are only little for so long.
Post a Comment