Friday, September 3, 2010

Lentil Festival

My little town here in WA is not famous for much. However, the one thing we have is the National Lentil Festival! I have been going every year and this year was no different. On Friday night we walked downtown where they have the world's largest batch of lentil chili. It is sure delicious and they give you a huge amount for free. :) Plus they have tons of booths with food and different businesses.

Cass got a balloon. Well she got 2 since the first one escaped to the heavens.

On Friday night we went out to eat.

On Saturday morning we went to the Lentil Parade. It was so fun! The gymnastics place where I coached was in it plus the WSU cheerleaders and players plus the mayor etc. There was even a few floats. Cass loved getting to hear the bands and eat a tootsie roll that was thrown to her. :)

I sure love my little town. Dont think this is the only exciting thing here, in a few weeks is the fair! :)

No comments: